Monday, February 22, 2010

Behavior Modification



Friends and family know about my cavalier attitude towards speed limits, traffic signals, stop signs and road conditions while going about my daily business. Take this device in the picture. The street is industrial with no sidewalks, blind driveways, or retail businesses. 35 mph should be the speed limit which is my usual velocity. Today I decided to "be legal". A good thing as local P.D. had a radar unit working the street.

My last encounter with our outstanding officers ended with me beating a stop sign ticket (for once I really was innocent). Our City Attorney said, words to effect, "That is all right, we'll get you next time"!

I willingly concede my driving behavior has been modified. My attitude? Not so much.

7 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Just to be clear, one place I never speed is in a school zone with kiddies present or anywhere they are walking or playing.

Anonymous said...

Yeah its hard to be speeding in a school zone when your the guy sitting in a creepy van with candy....LOL!......ZING

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Anonymous
You are speaking from experience?

Old NFO said...

But at least no ticket... :-)

Anonymous said...

Are you still driving the green wagon with the reflective tape on the rear?

Officer M

Anonymous said...

You could see that green wagon from space its so ugly!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

OK, that green wagon is reliable, gets 35 mpg, hauls my fat ass at illegal speeds, and the title is in my file cabinet. It has been to Lincoln, Omaha, Alpine, TX, Rio Rancho NM, all four corners of Colorado, all over South Dakota and much of Wyoming.

And, Officer M, since the reflective tape went on, none of the drunks driving their alternate route home has hit any vehicles in front of my house.