Saturday, June 20, 2009

Proud Father-Military Service

Youngest son finishes Army Basic next week. In the morning will leave to pickup his wife and four children so we all can be there. Will be away from this blog for a week. His motivation for joining was economic; no steady work for a Master Plumber.
He, along with several second and third cousins, is the eighth generation of our clan to serve.

Being FORCED to spend several days with the world's cutest grandchildren is part of the deal.

In other family news, oldest son is off the patch and is now three months smoke free.

Will post again and answer comments when I return.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Thank you for a wonderful trip and for being so patient and understanding of an over-emotional female. It was a great time and it was so good to be able to spend some time with him even if it was only a few short hours. It was also a great time to get to know each other better. I don't care what others say about you, you are the GFILE!!!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Ah, shucks.

Beat And Release said...

I believe we have the only all volunteer military in the world. I served eight years in two different branches (Army & Coast Guard.) My sister served. My father served in two wars and retired from the military. Not sure what my son wants to do after he graduates. He was thinking fire fighter or Marines. Either decision would be honorable, and dangerous. I tried to steer him to the Coast Guard due to their new Homeland Security role.

Good Luck & Safety & Security to yours.