Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Fall Far From the Tree?

Work took me to a Wyoming resort town where I spent a day making sales calls with the customer's outside saleswoman, Mrs A. We started swapping small town stories and I shared one about my father.

My parents had the only White Volvo 122 in their county. One day my father noticed a White Volvo pull up so he jumped in the passenger side saying, "Where are you going, honey"? Not his honey, not his car.

About two hours later we were leaving a business when I took a cell phone call. We were riding in Mrs. A's White pickup. Finishing my call, I opened the door, got in, and asked, "Where's our next stop"? "What do you have in mind"? replied the well dressed, very attractive driver of the Audi station wagon I was sitting in. Outside, I could see Mrs A holding on to her pickup and laughing.

One benefit of being a lifelong fool is having lots of practice dealing with embarrassing situations. Order was soon restored, apologies made, and on to the next stop.

I do regret not being able to ditch Mrs A.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Nah, not far at all :-) At least you didn't lose your car in a parking lot... While standing in front of it...