Sunday, April 19, 2009

You Have Mail

Youngest son has his basic training at the same post, where, 46 years ago, I went through both basic and advanced. The Basic Training Company had assigned an obnoxious PFC Mail Clerk who enjoyed messing with trainees. He stopped messing with my platoon after being bitched slapped the length of the barracks by a few of us. Strangely, no repercussions. The day after we received our orders to our next units, he announced all of us must send our new address to everyone so he didn't need to forward any mail. I noticed an advertisement that guaranteed to put your name on 1,000 mailing lists for only a dollar. With a little effort I got around 15 or more trainees to respond. Three years later I was still getting mail forwarded from that unit.
A daughter-in-law thinks I have an evil mind. Wonder why?

3 comments:

Pens Of The abyss said...

You are very sneaky.

Jan said...

Hopefully he won't read this and get any ideas!!!! LOL

Old NFO said...

Heh- that'll work :-) It took me four years to get a Christmas card once. That thing chased me all over the world!